Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year

I can't believe how 2005 flew!
We celebrated the New Year with some new friends - the Fleeks, the Alexanders, the Mittens, and my sister and brother and lawand family, the Amsbaughs. Played Mad-gab - it was great! The women won, of course. :)

My K-4 class is back in session and we have now started reading groups. It is so cute to watch them walk to the reading circle and the big smile that spreads accross their face as they read the letters. They are adorable. Here is a pic.

We visited 2 Spanish stores on Thursday and are making friends with the owners. One is a Peruvian and one from El Salvador. They are both friendly and open. There is also a fellow my husband met at CiCis restaurant that is in the Army - can't remember from what country, but teaching here at the base right now, and interested in the church. Keep praying with us for new contacts.

Sam has been accepted to Clearwater Christian College and is working on a ROTC scholarship. Dan is going to enter in debate for Fine Arts competition - he should be good at that and is already researching. Libby is enjoying K-5.

We are looking forward to Deacon's Retreat in Montgomery next weekend.

I've been thinking a lot about my old Spanish students in Lafayette and miss them. I enjoy kindergarten, but also miss teaching Spanish.

Please comment and let me know what you are up to!

3 Comments:

Blogger DisplayName said...

la profesora!!
I miss you so much!
I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well-- Your K5 kids are so cute!
We are just about to start Spirit week here, so we are all frantically thinking of costumes.
I hope you have a great week!
love stephanie

Sat Jan 07, 01:58:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Profesora!! Yo quiero ir a Georgia!!!! :) I miss you! That's cool you're teaching K4! Like Stephanie said, Spirit Week has arrived. I'm looking forward to the end of the week, when all the basketball games will be played and the whole crowning of the homecoming queen happens. I'm a statistician for the vars. guys and loving it!! Hope all is well in the land of peaches... :)

Sun Jan 08, 04:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger MEC said...

profesora I really do miss your Spanish classes and as Passion Play and the school play come closer I'll miss you and your husband more. Seeing you during those weeks with a cheerful smile dispite everything going on made my day and helped me get through tough times with joy in my heart. Thank you for all the good memories!

Meg

Sun Jan 15, 07:38:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home