Monday, January 23, 2006

The robbery

Things totally take you by suprise sometimes. Like getting into a car accident. Or being robbed.

My good friend ,Marlene, and I were about to leave this afternoon to make a visit to a lady who visited our Spanish class for the first time last week. We had just hopped in the van and it dawned on me she may not have eaten lunch yet. So I told here that they had some extra food in the kitchen in the building right in front of us. She started to get her billfold out, but I told her to never mind because the food had been announced as free. She tossed the billfold back into her purse and set it on the front seat of the van.

As she walked towards the building I got back out of the van and told her I'd go with, since she only speaks Spanish, and might want to ask the workers something. We were in ther maybe 2 or 3 minutes and said goodbye. After having a word of prayer for our visit, she decided to call a mutual friend for directions. At that point she realized her purse was missing. :(((

This is a lady who is from Panama and had her green card in her purse (very hard to replace quickly) as well as her social security card, bank car, checkbook, a little money, some medicine, etc. She was distraught. I felt so bad for her and yet know God has everything in control.

We filed a police report and they took fingerprints and asked questions.

You never know what will happen in a day and the most important part is how we respond. What is important to us? It sure shows in a crisis. Where is our faith? It also makes me very aware of the desire of Satan to thwart our plans to advance the kingdom of Christ. Gotta be alert.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto said...

Thankfully you weren't hurt. I hope the perpetrator is found.

Thu Jan 26, 10:56:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sage said...

me too... people... man

Fri Jan 27, 08:51:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home