Sunday, November 26, 2006

Odds and Ends


Just going to post a few tidbits about what's been happening around here.

Earlier today my husband pulled out the remains of a baby tooth that was evidently growing out of Libby's lower gum. At first we thought she was growing a fang or something . . . :)

Last Saturday night, upon getting out of our van, Libby's fingers came up and met my eye - ouch! She said later, "I felt something wet." Yup. I was in severe pain all day Sunday and my husband told me to patch it, so I did. It was swollen practically shut and just very painful. Went to the opthamologist on Monday afternoon and he said sure enough, there was a cut to the cornea. So he put in antibiotic ointment and it healed very quickly and I was releived.

BUT, he then told me that he needed to remove the small lesion sitting right where the eye meets the nose, at the corner. Said lesions are bad there because that is where the tear ducts are, etc. So on Tuesday I went in and had him cut it out. Well, I looked like someone had given me a black eye. Nice - just in time for Thanksgiving.

Before that I had had the flu/bronchitis for 2 weeks and was just coming out of it. So by this time I was a little discouraged with health problems. But, a good night's sleep can cure the blues and the sunshine always changes my perspective.
Thank the Lord that his compassions fail not, they are new every morning: Great is Thy faithfulness!

I will find out on Wednesday if the "lesion" was at all cancerous. I'm thinking not, but, sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. I won't borrow from tomorrow's problems.

We went down to Pensacola on Thursday and Friday to see Sam - that was neat, to go to some of his classes on Friday and see a little bit of how hectic his life is. We sure did some walking!

Mr. Holt, from our church, parachuted from a plane at halftime at the soccer game. He has done over 4500 jumps, including jumping with President Bush, the elder, on his 70th birthday. He is a former marine. It was awesome to watch him come in with the big American flag flowing in the breeze.

That's enough for now. Hope everyone didn't eat too much. I have lost 11 pounds over the last few months and the scale didn't go up this holiday, probably because I didn't cook here at home. We'll see how Christmas goes.

lots of love to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Danielle and I both commented that you were looking slimmer! I wondered about your "joy journey". Thanks for the newsy blog and the reminder of God's mercies! Pastor's sermon today was very uplifting....thanks for your prayers.

Sun Nov 26, 10:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sage said...

good post. I liked when you said not letting tomorrows truobles coming efore tomorrow... yeah, thats not a bad idea...

Wed Nov 29, 06:41:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home