Friday, September 15, 2006

Pet Peeves

Do you have a pet peeve? I am learning that one of mine is tieing little children's shoes. Over and over and over. I just want all parents everywhere to double knot their children's shoes with the tightest knots they can make!

On another note totally - I got to thinking the other day about God caring for me - and for all believers. My thoughts went something like this: How much does God care for me, my children, my family? He gave his only Son for us - the most precious thing there was to Him - He definitely has to care, even way beyond salvation. He didn't sacrifice His Son for just any old reason - He loves each one of us, His adopted children, and paid such a high price for us - made an investment - one doesn't easily give up on an investment. He has a vested interest here and will not give up on us easily. There is comfort in this - we are very valuable now in His sight because of the way He purchased us, and He therefore loves us immensely. He will see that we have everything we need to make it worth it. It has to please Him a lot when we gratify Him.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Sep 15, 08:13:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie Alexander said...

This is such a good thing to remember...sometimes as I'm running around all week like a chicken with my head cut off, I get to feeling overwhelmed...and a little "alone". We (I) live at such a hectic pace...it's nice to slow down and to measure my worth through God's eyes. Thanks, Brenda.

Sat Sep 16, 08:55:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love tying kid's shoes...but then again i don't teach little kids everyday so i'm not faced with the "problem" everyday.

Mon Sep 18, 11:22:00 AM EST  
Blogger turza said...

ha ha thats funny about double knotted shoes. i always ran around with strings untied as a kid! (sorry) :)

Tue Sep 19, 10:20:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Profesora said...

here's the thing - you get the kids all lined up to go outside, or worse yet, to chapel, and you look down and five of them have their shoes untied. You are pushing it already to be somewhere with the group on time, and now this! Do I just let it go and hope they don't trip and maime themselves??? My conscience tells me to tie every last one. Boy, I fight with myself sometimes :)

Tue Sep 19, 11:43:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sage said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Sep 19, 05:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Roberto said...

Pet Peeves...Bob Rohrman commercials.

Sat Sep 30, 02:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Profesora said...

jeff - why did you delete your comments?

Roberto - Bob Rohrman commercials were heary entertainment in the Liedtke household. People start shouting - "look! look! Come quick! You won't believe what he's doing now!" etc. :) But, alas, no more Bob Rohrman in Georgia. There is nothing quite like him.

Sat Sep 30, 05:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home