Saturday, December 09, 2006

This and that cont...

Well, I found out that the spot beside my eye was indeed cancerous, but that they got it all. Guess I won't ignore those little bumps anymore!

Funny quote of the week - a 1st grader looked up at Mrs. Owens, an afternoon daycare worker, as she passed by and said confidentially, "I didn't take a bath last night." OK! :)

It got COLD here in Georgia this week -down in the 20s - reminded me of Indiana, and it was a bad memory. (of the cold, that is) Cold is torture.

We had a great turnout today for Christmas at Grace for young people - both teens and children. There was a ventriliquist for the kids and puppets and singing and races and candy, etc - and a really good presentation of the gospel. I was able to lead a young lady to the Lord, and quite a few children came forward to receive the Lord.

A verse I am thinking on tonight - "Search me, oh God, and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts - see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

4 Comments:

Blogger Roberto said...

Strange...it's been in the mid-70s here.

Sun Dec 17, 02:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Butterfly said...

Isn't it neat how God can use an agitating thing like getting poked in the eye for good?

I WANT COLD!!!!!!! AND SNOW!!!!!!!:)

Sun Dec 17, 11:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Butterfly said...

I thought about something mrs.liedtke. This verse should be the prayer of all of our hearts. But yet it is also kind of scary to think of what the Lord might point out to us when He tries our hearts. It's a great everyday reminder to keep our hearts pure; nothing is hidden from our God's eyes. An encouraging and rebuking thought...

Wed Dec 20, 10:05:00 AM EST  
Blogger Butterfly said...

(I meant to put this up there too)

God knows us better than we know ourselves.:)

Wed Dec 20, 10:06:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home