Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dan's alarm just went off


8a.m. and all is well.

Yesterday was a very busy but rewarding day. I supervise the daycare part-time during the summer, and there is always plenty of paperwork and billing, etc to do. I thank the Lord for some super workers, though, that make the day go great.

I did some counseling yesterday afternoon and then ran home at 4:15 to make supper. My husband wanted a haircut desperately and Sam wanted a trim, so I did that. By this time it was 5:20. I quick heated some meatballs from the freezer that Sam said would be good in hot dog buns as hoagies, and they tasted great. Changed clothes, got Libby packed for an overnighter at her friend's house, and took off again for church at 5:55.

We had a missionary last night going to the United Kingdom. This man is from Georgia, born and bred, but the feels the call of God on his life to revive and start churches in the UK. He talked about how there are many churches that are tiny little, with like 5 people meeting, that really need someone to come and pastor them. It was neat to hear of his burden and call to that country.

The message he preached reinterated so many points we had gone over in our counseling session yesterday. It is wonderful how the Lord does that within the church to help people. And what is interesting to me is that even though I may think the message was perfectly tailored for me or a frend, another person thinks it was perfectly tailored for them, but from a different perspective. The altar was full with people doing business with God and we even had one lady who had been saved yesterday come forward for baptism. The Spirit of the Lord worked mightily among us.

After church the car wouldn't start - been having electrical problems. So while I was working on that (husband was at deacon's meeting) someone asked me to unlock the daycare to borrow a carseat. Right as I was finishing that I realized that I should be at a VBS meeting! So off I went!

On the way home we stopped at Sonic for a treat :) That's probably why I couldn't sleep too well last night.

Boy, it sure seemed odd coming home without Libby. That girl was excited enough to light up a whole room, though, over her spend-the-night at her friend's house. Hope she had super fun.


We also enjoyed having Christopher last week. He made himself right at home and felt like one of the family. He made it home safe and sound on his first air flight ever!

Well, that's about it for now. Need to do some picking up around here. And throw in another load of laundry.

Have a good one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

The missionary was really good, huh? Well, libby can do that... hehehe

Thu Jun 08, 07:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Nice long post...I enjoyed it. You are a busy lady! The preaching was a real blessing...with my family in London, I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with them...I would love to send Dani over one summer!

Thu Jun 08, 11:11:00 AM EST  
Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Nice long post...I enjoyed it. You are a busy lady! The preaching was a real blessing...with my family in London, I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with them...I would love to send Dani over one summer!

Thu Jun 08, 11:12:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home