Friday, June 16, 2006

One of those days


Yesterday was one of those days I wished I could rewind and do over, without the problems it entailed. I started off the day without my morning cup of coffee, which should have been a clue. Had to go get fasting bloodwork done for my yearly physical. Then I had messed something up in the checking acct, which really got to me. And my husband. When you have made the same mistake more than once, it can be disheartening, and that is how I felt. One of my workers at school wasn't relating well with me - nothing major, just a lack of rapport and very serious; cold. I was discouraged. Then, one of my own kids didn't want to talk when asked about their day and asked me why I always "ask those questions". I just wanted to curl up and cry.

Do you ever feel like that? Like noone cares about your woes?

But God does. And 3/4 of the way through the day some things that I had fretted over seemed to work out. I was in CVS and I said as much to the cashier. Asked her if she ever had a day that things seemed to be going wrong. Well let me tell you, she just knew exactly what I meant. She told me that her electricity had gone out the night before and they were having to hire someone to crawl under the house to see what the problem was. Then she had a problem that morning with her car - something busted - and the entire car filled up with water. She couldn't drive it and had to take a taxi to work. I told her we have to trust in God in our difficulties; He is the only one that can help.

When I say that, I don't mean that He will take away the problems, but that He will give us the ability to make it through with the right attitude and even trust Him that He has our best interest in mind.

I needed to learn some lessons yesterday. That is the question - what is He trying to teach me? It is for my good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

Thats really coo-el. I have those days... and days, and days, and days... hehe

Fri Jun 16, 05:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie Alexander said...

I'm glad it turned out OK in the end...blood work is never a fun way to start the day!

Sat Jun 17, 07:47:00 AM EST  
Blogger angela said...

oh, la professora. i wish i could've given you a hug! i miss you back here and think of you often! *i was super excited to find your blog!* :D hope you're having a wonderful summer!

Tue Jun 20, 11:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Profesora said...

Hi Angela. Glad you found me too -maybe we can keep up. Are you working this summer?

Tue Jun 20, 06:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home